January 29, 2015

6 weeks


6 week old! I have a little 6 week old! Last week was his first responsive smile and it about melting my heart. I was thinking about little babies as my sister is getting ready to have her second one in the next day or 2! I was remembering how scared I was of infants and their fragile heads, And how I had absolutely no idea what I was doing the first few weeks. Before Jaden my interaction with a baby younger than 3 months old was so limited, I could count on one hand the babies I had held and of those 4 babies, I had only changed one diaper...which I put on backwards and caused a huge mess when the kid pooped!

All that to say, I am in no way a baby expert, but I'm slowly becoming an expert on my baby. Here are a few things that have been lifesavers these past 6 weeks, so I can remember them for round 2 baby!

1. Zip pajamas, no one has time for button pjs
2. Pampers swaddler diapers. They have the line that turns blue when he pees, we would change his diaper 20 times a day without that little blue line
3. Changing pad covers! We have 4 covers....and go through them each week.  Even though I have learned to change a diaper in record time and keep his penis covered as much as possible, the moment I let my guard down, little man is sure to pee everywhere. 
4. Ergo baby...that baby carrier is amazing, and gets us out and around
5. Sound Machine, it's a beautiful thing, we can go from thunderstorm to the beach to a brook all in a few seconds, but they all work wonders during nap time
6. Infant mittens! Jaden has some huge paws and he has nails that grow so fast women everywhere should be jealous, these mittens have been lifesavers for his eyes and face and mouth that get beat up without them
7. Gripe water and gas drops to help his gas problem and saline solution to clear out his nose, which he hates all three but they save the day a few minutes later

And now some photos of my 6 week old






1 comment:

  1. 6 weeks old and just so sweet!! I love that sweet kid and can't believe he's growing up so quick!!
    You're doing a great job learning all his tells and baby boy is happy and healthy!!

    ReplyDelete