May 28, 2016

Maternity Leave

Coming up on the last few days of maternity leave, I've had the best 6 weeks!! Abby is the best best little baby! She is so good in fact that I have actually googled "why is my baby not crying much" and "is it ok that my 5 week old is sleeping 5 hours straight at night." To add to her not crying often and sleeping great, she only poops like every 3 days, which after searching google is also normal for a breastfed baby! We love our little Happy Abby, she started smiling on her 5 week old birthday.  She smiles with her whole face like she is ready to start laughing, it is a contagious smile.  I've tried taking pictures of it, but the photos do not give her justice to the joy she brings.  She is also attempting to focus in on things, but her eyes cross every once in awhile.  She makes the best faces! I'm thinking these will be perfect for a graduation or wedding slide show someday.













We also had the BEST visitors last week! LOLLY (or as Jaden says "La-La") and GRANDDAD came to Vegas!! Here are beautiful pictures of our pantry and fridge after Lolly and Granddad went on a grocery shopping spree.  We had been eating rice and beans and suddenly they came and everything changed!  My mom made us casseroles to heat up after she left and sadly we ate the last of the tator tot casserole today, so I think it's time for them to come back!! My mom woke up every morning and hung out with Jaden and Abby while Kyle and I slept, and she helped refresh my memory on some new songs to sing!! We woke up the day after they left and thought, dang, back to reality!   They even watched the kids and we went out on a date to the movies.  I wish Texas was closer!

Jaden has been in top form on the hilarity scale!! I wish I could follow him around with a video camera to capture this stage forever.  I love how much he is learning and growing.  He cracks up laughing about everything, loves dancing and singing, and has recently gotten into Elmo!  He talks up a storm, and I am always curious to what he is saying.  He can say all his animal sounds now, which is nice because for awhile there, his answer was "Moo" or "RAAR" for every animal. He knows how to ask for his favorite foods "nana", "apple", and "cookie" and of course he ask for "more" everytime he eats.  He eats bigger portions than me! I have also made sure to teach him the essentials like "Texas Tech" and how to put his "Guns up" and when I ask him who his best friend is, he always answers "Abby."  So far this is the most fun stage!

Although the circumstances have not been ideal with Kyle in between jobs, we have had the best time enjoying the time as a family of 4!  We go to the park, to Mt. Charleston, or walk through model homes dreaming of living life as millionaires.  I'm sad that this is the last couple of days as Kyle starts his new job on Wednesday and I return to work for a few weeks on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment