February 7, 2011

Cheerio Ole' Chap!


Here is a picture of the entire forever sports team!!  Myself and Rebecka from Sweden (who has made it very clear that she is uninterested in country music....I have 2 years with this girl...we will see how she feels about it at the end of 2012!) Together, we are networking with churches and sports organizations and providing platforms for people to come and join the outreach for the Olympics in 2012.  

Things I have learned in the last month in England.
-As much as I have resisted...it is hard not to naturally say football now when referring to soccer...I've CONFORMED!!
-Never trust the weatherman...so called "sunny" days are a tease...they should just do a month forecast and copy and paste "cold and rainy" on every day of the week.  I haven't de-thawed since I have arrived.
-Saying "my pants are dirty" is actually is referring to your underware...trousers, always say trousers.
-mocking the english accent by saying "bloody" and "cheerio" all the time doesn't help the whole making friends process.
-4 cups of tea in one day is a low count for the day
-Fish and Chips is the meal to eat here...sad when you have your hopes up for fish and doritos and they bring out Fish and Fries...Chips=Fries.
--There is alot of work to be done and only 24 hours in one day.
--I officially work for Youth With a Meeting.
--Having a chat with a friend over a cup of hot tea make bad days, good and good days, better!
--Football  Soccer is an international language. 
--On my own strength, I'm worthless. In my weakness...He is strongest.
--I'm not wise enough, creative enough, bold enough to do this task...God provides so much grace.
--The nations are already in London, in one area we will work there are 67 different languages spoken in one school.
--God is going to be known and famous in this City.

1 comment:

  1. Hahah!!! I am so glad you are learning so much english culture!! That's awesome!!
    This is so exciting all the things He will let you be a part of!!

    ReplyDelete