September 29, 2012

The Beginning of My Journey to Becoming Mrs. David

First Date in St. Albans
To tell this engagement story properly, I've got to start us at the beginning. A year and a half ago, Mr. Kyle Robert David asked me out on our first official date to a cute English town called St Albans. As we waited for the bus, we sat and took our first pictures together which I have included to the right. As you can tell, it was also the beginning of my endless pursuit of getting just one good picture where Mr. David there is smiling like a normal human...my efforts are usually pointless! I remember being nervous,  anxious about where the day would take us, anticipating when he would hold my hand, and kicking myself for the awkward jokes I would tell. As our first date went on, we visited the St Albans market, got a cup of coffee, then headed to the duck pond. There we sat under a tree that shielded us from the rain, and prayed together about what our relationship could look like! 

Before we got engaged

Now, lets fast forward this little story to September 19, 2012, just a week and a half ago. When again, we sat at the bus stop and took pictures as we waited for the bus to take us to that cute English town of St Albans. (as you can see from the photos there on the left, we are still working on that whole 1...2...3...smile bit!) Things were different this time...this time I was going to St Albans with my best friend. I was going with the person I am most comfortable being myself, the person who knows me better than anyone, and the only awkwardness that remained on this day were when Kyle told some of his fantastic jokes that can only be described as "dad jokes" (sorry to you dads out there that tell hilarious jokes, these aren't the jokes I'm talking about!)  Anyways, although at the time it didn't dawn on me, we actually did the same things as we did on our first date, we went to the market, Kyle bought me daisies, we sat and drank coffee, and talked about life and our hope for the future. We walked hand in hand, flirted, and enjoyed a rare sunny day in England. One of the things Kyle and I like to do is throw the baseball together. As we were playing catch by the duck pond, Kyle launched the ball way over my head. He is usually a pro baseball player, so I was laughing at what a terrible throw he made, not knowing of course he did it on purposes. I ran to go get it, while teasing him on his aim, and when I turned around, he had disappeared! After searching for a few minutes, I found him under that tree from our first date. He was huddled up and I ran to him, thinking I was so clever for finding him, and this little hide-n-seek game was over, with me as the champion, of course :). I was standing and he was kneeling, and he looked at me with eyes that told me exactly what was happening. I started tearing up, thinking "is this really happening??" He said something along the lines of being best friends and wanting to spend the rest of our lives together, and I thought to myself "this is really going to be my best friend forever!" He pulled out a box from his glove, and I said "please don't be joking" He just smiled and said "Dondi Carter, will you marry me?" and showed me the ring that is now mine, and mine forever! Whoo hooo!!! In case yall were sitting there in suspense...I said, "YES!" I'm just so excited that I get the honor of being Dondi David someday! So there it is, the true hollywood story of how my journey towards becoming Mrs. David started. Let the wedding planning begin!



and just in case you didn't really get to see the ring....check it out one more time! I wake up in the morning, check my hand to make sure it's still there and that all this isn't just a dream...Cue the Disney princess music, I know this is all deliciously cheesy rom-com (romantic comedy) material, but come on, I'm a Bride now, I have offically been given permission to say all the cheesy things I want. So, move over Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant....Kyle and I are living in reality and still making the movies jealous whoo hooo! :)


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations again ... a beautiful ring ... and my prayers is that you will enjoy many, many happy years together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story of a beautiful relationship! I hope that God blesses and guides you both every step of your journey through life ~ the ups and the downs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that this year at the David's house when I see you I don't have to "hide" that I know you will be a great wife for Kylee but can actually get serious about what a great wife you will be for Kylee! Can NOT wait for THIS girl talk session!!!! :-) Hurry up! :-)~~~Mama Taylor

    ReplyDelete