February 15, 2010

Happy Birthday mom!

Today is my mom's birthday!! If you're reading this mom...Thanks for being amazing, and I hope you have the best 20th birthday ever!!

So this weekend was awesome!  We went to a retreat center and saw a lot of kangaroos everywhere!  By the second day, it was completely normal to see those guys jumping around.  We then went to the beach, which the locals all said was the best beach in australia for surfing, so I took on the challenge and had my first lesson in surfing!  First lesson in surfing...FAIL, but I'm going to go for round 2 the next time we have a free weekend!  I also need to learn the proper use of sunscreen, because apparently the sun in australia is different and now my skin is burnt red....which means the beginning of a tan!

The retreat was awesome and through that time I realized everyone on my team is coming from completely different spots in life, but I know God is going to completely do work in each of us on different levels.  Classes start tomorrow, and our routine will begin.  Happy Valentines day for all!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun beginning. We will continue to pray for you back here in poor kangarooless Texas. lol

    ReplyDelete