August 27, 2010

Home Sweet Home!

So, I'm now back in the big USA for a month!  I stepped off the plane after 48 hours of traveling, and was greeted with a whole crew of Texans!  So great to have people surrounding me that understand the value of American football and the beauty of country music!  We went straight for Mexican food and I had a good ole' fashion burrito with a large Dr. Pepper.  Who knew how amazing Dr. Pepper could taste after months of seperation. I guess the statement is true...absense makes the heart grow fonder.  I have really enjoyed being home these last couple of days, just catching up with friends and sleeping in my own room with my own bed.  What a luxury!  So, what's next for the vagabond?  Well, I'm heading to Switzerland for a school called communications and design.  I will be at this school for 3 months and here I will be learning all about the ends and outs of photoshop, video editing, and graphic design, and they will be teaching us ways to effectively communicate the gospel throught the media.  After this training, I plan on joining the Olympic outreach team in London starting in January.  The goal of this team is to travel around Europe and get people excited about missions and hopefully get the churches to send a team to do outreach during the Olympics in 2012.  I will be in the communications and public relations aspect of the team as well as the sports outreach aspect.  We will be making contacts around London and setting up sport ministry opportunities for the teams to join us during the month that the Olympics will be in London. I'm so excited about this opportunity because during the Olympics there will be people from all areas of the world!  So many tribe, tongues and nations will be represented and gathered together in one country!  What an amazing chance for God to show up and show off!!  If anyone is interested in supporting me during this time, either finanically or prayerfully, you can contact me at dondi_carter@hotmail.com.  I would greatly appreciate anything! I love you all, thanks for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment