December 12, 2009

Warrior King


There is a strong drift toward the hard theological left. some emergent types want to recast Jesus as a limp-wrist hippie in a dress with a lot of product in His hair, who drank decaf and made pithy zen statements about life while shopping for the perfect pair of shoes. In Revelation, Jesus is a prize fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. that is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up. I fear some are becoming more cultural than christian, and without a big Jesus who has authority and hates sin as revealed in the bible, we will have less and less christians, and more and more confused, spiritually self-righteous blogger critics of christianity.' I love how Mark Driscoll says this.  It is becoming so true, because a lot of people have grown up in church and so we are use to hearing cliche sayings like "Jesus loves you" that we become numb to what that really means.  We think of God as loving and gracious and merciful and wonderful and this good sky fairy who runs a day care in the sky and has a bucket of suckers for everyone because we're all good people.  That is a lie...God looks down and hates sin. He says "you are my enemy and I will crush you" and we say that is deserved, just and right, and then God says "Because of Jesus I will love you and forgive you." What a miracle that is! We deserved this wrath and then Jesus loved us so much that he took it on himself.  He is a leader of the Army's, He is a Rebel, He is so different from the paintings of him petting Lambs.  He is so Holy and what he did on the cross is so incredible.  I just feel like I have barely even seen the beginning of what this looks like, but as I continue to study his word and find out more about him I am realizing that he is so much greater than I thought before!  He is completely Just and Righteous and completely loving and gracious all at the same time! He is the Lion and the Lamb.  I just can't get enough...and the great thing is there is always more to be had..He never runs out..He is infinate...




No comments:

Post a Comment