December 23, 2009

Friends







I went to a reunion in Dallas with all my best friends from college this weekend.  I realized how extremely valuable and rare friendships like these exist.  There are those friends that are around for a season of your life and then those who are friends forever.  These girls are definitely eternal friends.  They are the friends that encourage and speak truth into my life. We were able to sit around and share stories of the past year, and it was amazing that through hearing of their victories and heartache it brought healing to my own situations.  Some of them are going through the exact same things and it is great to just sit there and have someone know exactly what you are feeling and be able to walk with you through it.  I am so glad to have amazing women of God surrounding me, to remind me of the gospel and encourage me when I fall short. I love seeing Christ shine through them. They definitely bring out the best in me.  They are my iron sharpeners!  Beside the hours and hours of great conversation, I am still laughing at some of the ridiculous things we did.  We didn’t have to sit around and remember the memories from college, we just took off and started making new memories!  I am free to be me with these girls! Dang, I’m blessed to have the friends I have, and I don’t think reunion 2010
can come fast enough!





No comments:

Post a Comment