October 25, 2009

Ruin My Life



Ruin my life the plans I have made
Ruin desires for my own selfish gain
Destroy the idols that have taken Your place
'Till its You alone I live for



I wondered what my life would look like if I ever prayed this and really meant it.  So I started to make the lyrics my prayer...Ruin me, God. Take all the plans that have laid out for my life and make them yours.  All my selfishness and idols I have placed before you, destroy them and make it where you are all that I live for.  I want to be able to say as Paul says in Phillipians "To live is Christ, and to die is gain."  While I live, my hope, my trust, my refuge, my help, my comfort, my joy is in Christ, and knowing at the same time that this world has nothing for me, so to die is my gain.



No comments:

Post a Comment