January 5, 2010

One More MONTH!

I can't believe that in one more month, my entire life is going to change.  I am expecting to be completely ruined for the ordinary.  The fear of the unknown is creeping up, but I am clinging onto the fact that perfect love cast out fear!  When I sit and think too long about how big God is my mind almost explodes.  For New Years Eve I couldn't help but think about where I was last year at this exact time.  I was just graduating from Texas Tech, moving to a new city, and starting my first real big grown up job.  Those where the only things I knew were the definites in my life.  I could have never predicted that I would meet a group of Brazilians and go to Brazil and through all that God would use to completely change me, or that I would have my spleen and gallbladder removed that would heal me of anemia and so many health problems I have had the last 22 years of my life.  Also, I could never have guessed the people that I would meet, like my friend Dee that is 30 years older and a billion years wiser than me who would teach me and disciple me and become one of my best friends, or that I would bond so much with a bunch of junior high and high school kids!  If God had laid out for me the things that I would see and do this year on New Years Eve last year, I still wouldn't have believed him.  It is just mind blowing to think about all the details that he has planned for this year.  I will be on a completely different continent this time next year and I'm excited to be able to look back and just laugh it up saying "Wow, God, only you could have planned a year like that."  I'm just along for the ride....we have a saying in the youth that use to bug the crap out of me but now I realize it's so true, "don't anticipate, just participate."  I'm ready to participate, and I'm ready to be ruined completely where my life song is to live it up in such a way that God gets every amount of fame and glory.  It's going to be a crazy year!

No comments:

Post a Comment