February 2, 2014

Birthday Fun!

My birthday seems to be happening all week!  My favorite place to eat in Vegas is an All-You-Can-Eat Sushi bar....and Kyle's parents took us out on Friday and after we ate all that we could eat...we took a few laps around the restaurant and went for round 2!
Then, Monday, My friend took me to watch Mystere a Vegas cirque du soleil show!!  It was so cool because she works for Le Reve and we got to go before hand to do a tour of the set and see all the behind the scene things of the show! No photography....but you know what a rule follower I am!
 Then for my actual birthday day I woke up around 4am to the smell of pancakes cooking, Kyle rushed in saying he had to go to work early and would make up forgetting my birthday to me later in the day. He made pancakes so I should be thankful for that right?  I grumbled and shook it off because I didn't have much expectation for the day anyways. I proceeded to get phone calls and text messages and videos and flower deliveries and edible arrangements all before I headed to work for the day...I was blown away by all the love...thinking to myself, who cares if Kyle forgot, maybe this day won't be so bad after all!  Then as I was driving to work, I noticed all these white posters taped to the light poles down the major street I drive everyday....my curiosity got the best of me....turns out my husband didn't have to go to work early and he didn't forget my birthday, he was up at 4am posting an entire poem...one word in bubble letters on each poster down the entire block. It said "4 years ago we said yes to maybe, 1 year ago we said yes to I Do, Dondi, my love, happy birthday to you!"  Yay, he won the game. He proceed to just surprise me all day with notes and my favorite food and a movie. Maybe 27 won't be so bad after all.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite birthday for you is still spending the night in that hotel. Swimming in the winter was awesome!

    ReplyDelete